White LEDs / New LED developments

Dan Gendreau gendreau at rochester.rr.com
Wed Mar 29 05:39:42 CEST 2000

> These would make nice little console lamps on a mini gooseneck. Too
> bright and a bit expensive for indicator use though...but you could
> filter these with a gel and get ANY color!

If you think that's cool, wait till you see THIS!
Light emitting wires! It looks really neat!

http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=gr-livewire

I'm not sure of the details on how these work, but it would be really cool
if there were extra conductors in there. Can you imagine using them for
patch cables in your modular! :)

They look a bit pricey, but I am sure they will come down in time.

-Dan Gendreau