No subject

walter carpenter t02e at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 06:06:28 CEST 2000

Hi all.

I know this is way impractical, but I have plans to build a massive
sequencer & sampler that runs off of lots of relays and tape decks with
rec/play heads and looped tape.  I have two questions:

whats the minimal amount of circuitry I need to make a device that can
convert a normal audio signal to the signal that a record head needs, and
converts what a play head reads back to another standard audio signal? Does
this involve complicated processing? or are tape heads pretty simple
devices?

2nd, anyone know of where I can buy in bulk things like tape heads with a
cassette holding chassis and some voltage controlled motors?
(I know this is probobally 2 different suppliers)

thanks.

PS. I hope you all can put up with this very irrational idea, but I'm a big
fan of doing things the hard way, and having all the glitches create most of
the music in the process...

-walter carpenter