SV: a 2600 2600

Hiryku Lin hiryku_lin at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 20:10:47 CET 2000

Understand your pain on that. But not to worry, 2600's
are a dime a dozen now, and I have regular access to
them. But relating to the Atari 8-Bit comps, I just
got my second Atari ST(I frigin' love those things!)
and along with it, a bunch of books and such. One of
the books was a ST Basic programming book and I was
flipping through it at work, when I came across
something I found interesting. Of course with most
computers they have some manner of internal sound, and
this basically showed you how to program in songs(much
more of a pain than a Yamaha portable sequencer). But
as I read on, it started to get into a thing about
controlling the envelope and filters. Does anyone know
if the Atari STs have something similar to the SID
chip? Also relating to video games systems, I've been
keeping my eye out for a cheap Odyssey^2 with a voice
module. I love that voice synth sound.

-Brandon