Radio Shack Bargain Parts

Scott Gravenhorst chordman at flash.net
Sun Mar 19 16:02:52 CET 2000

I was in Radio Shlack today and came across (and impulsively bought)
a pack of 5 cadmium sulphide photocell devices.  They were marked as
"photocells".

mmm.  I didn't know that CdS devices were "cells" per se i.e., current
producing devices...  I thought they were LDRs or light dependant
resistors.  Now that I have them, I think I know what they are good for,
but perhaps some of you can expound, pontificate, lecture and extrapolate.
Can this device be used to do VC rez on a SVF?  Or is
the typical resistance range wrong?  This is an assortment of two types
(4 of one, 1 of another, all unmarked in true RS tradition)

Any and all comments regarding CdS devices and what S-DIY stuff
they can do would be welcome ( for me [ (c: ] )

-- Scott Gravenhorst                    | Linux Rex, Linux Vobiscum
-- FatMan: www.teklab.com/~chordman     | RedWebMail by RedStarWare
-- NonFatMan: members.xoom.com/_XMCM/chordman/index.html
-- The 21st century does NOT start in the year 2000!!!