tube question

J. Larry Hendry jlarryh at iquest.net
Tue Mar 14 21:21:26 CET 2000

Matt,  The 6V6 tube is a beam power tube used in the output stage of the
audio amplifier.  It is not a rectifier.  Actually, the normal 6V6 tube has
a black metal case.  The 6V6GTA is the glass tube equivalent and they are
interchangeable.  The only difference in connection is that pin # 1 in not
connected on the glass version.  Pin # 1 is the metal shield connection on
the metal can.

Larry Hendry