Problems with paia VCA

mitchell mitch at sirius.com
Tue Mar 14 10:29:51 CET 2000

    I just assembled the PAIA VCA and have been experiencing a couple of

problems. Have any of you built this yet? I have been having the
following problems if anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me
know.

1) The noise (L out) seems to only give me a deep hum? Does not sound
like white noise.

2) Seems the R vca channel is much louder than the L channel. Even with
pan turned all the way to the left I can still here the R channel. The
left channel seems to work normally.

3) The A channel does not seems to work at All? nao matter what I do I
get nothing from A out?

4) I have the midi2CV and the VCF kit also it seems the vca picks up the

modulation of the vcf ? I hear the noise from the L channel modulate in
sync with VCF modulation. This stops if I switch the modulator off on
the VCF.

    Thanks for any light you might be able to shed on these problems.

--M