Maplin woes part 2

Tony Allgood oakley at techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 17:21:48 CET 2000

Hi all,

I have just had a mail from a chap who is building one of my VCF-1
projects. He told me he could not get a 74HC02 from Maplin. He said they
were discontinuing the whole HC series, although 74LS are still
available. Here's something else he said:

QUOTE:

The chap I spoke to at Maplin said that he understands that between a
third and half of the current catalogue has been discontinued, and the
new catalogue is not due till month end.

UNQUOTE.

This does not surprise me. Over the last year we have lost several
resistor ranges, microcontroller stuff, dual pots, poly-layer caps,
close tolerance caps and no doubt many others.

Thanks heavens for Farnell.

Regards,

Tony Allgood  Penrith, Cumbria, UK

Modular synth circuits, TB303 clone and Filter Rack

http://www.techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk/projects.htm