ultra-quiet pc cooling

Doug Tymofichuk dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca
Wed Mar 8 16:12:44 CET 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:37:15 -0500 Rob <cyborg_0 at iquest.net>
wrote:

> BTW, for all who are concerned about water, distilled water
> is fairly safe around most electronics, so if a leak
> develops, its very unlikely that anything more than a wet
> spot will result.

Well, this depends...  If your pcb is new or squeaky clean,
then it probably wouldn't be a problem. BUT, if there is
any amount of dust or dirt on the board, then your nice
clean distilled water becomes conductive as soon as it
comes in contact with the dirt. As well, the water can pick
up metal ions from the internal plumbing of the cooling
system and become conductive. Some type of deioniser system
may be a good idea. In my experience, metal cooling systems
develop leaks sooner or later!
Doug Tymofichuk
dougt at cancerboard.ab.ca