Paying the EE dues [OT]

Roel Das Roel.Das at student.groept.be
Wed Mar 8 11:42:46 CET 2000

I haven't got any experience being an engineer or paying the dues. But over
here in Belgium, we graduate students get about 6 to 7 letters a week of
companies that are almost begging us to come work for them. Special events
to meet their companies, free film tickets, free McDonalds. They do it
all...
I can really choose the company I want to work for...
Yesterday, I spoke with a guy from some company, (I don't remember which,
might been Philips). They were looking for about 200 EE's. In my school,
there are about 80 graduate EE students... There are far more companies than
schools.
That's the fun part, I don't have to worry about getting a job in July, just
about getting a job that I like...

Roel