Paying the EE dues [long winded]

Theo Hogers t.hogers at home.nl
Wed Mar 8 01:57:33 CET 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Barry L Klein <Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com>
To: <synth-diy at mailhost.bpa.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 9:00 PM
Subject: RE: Re: Paying the EE dues [long winded]

> Down here (Orange County, CA) the hot ticket is Broadcom.  They give you
> the right to buy thousand(s) of shares of their stock at the price it is
> when you start.  Their parking lot is full of Lamborgini's, Porches, etc.
> etc.  But they still have no where for me to advance to - they just would
> want me as a tech.  Hell, the stock has gone up enough in the last few
> weeks to mean over 100K.  But they work their people (engineers) like dogs
> and the CEO enjoys being an Ahole from what I read.  If you like that
> environment, go for it.

No I my own Ahole now thanx.(Tidal music electronics, (www.tidalmusic.com
don't look yet; under construction))
By the way kicking your own butt feels wonderfull, well a little machogistic
tendency might help.

> $65K is barely enough to survive on if you want your own house.  We live
> in a very small house 12 miles from the I5 freeway and its probably worth
> $240K now.  But to move into something with say 4 bedrooms and/or a 3 car
> garage (for your work area) is like $400K.  Association dues $170 mo.  and
> taxes $8K/year.  And they're building hundreds of them out in the hills
> right now.  What the heck do these people do for a living anyway??

Er.. Hyping the internet, speculating shares that go up and up based on
would-be proffits before the companie dissapears in a black hole?
No of course not; no more real mony than virtual mony!!!

Stay happy, Theo.