vcf5t (c)

tomg efm3 at mediaone.net
Mon Mar 6 09:17:39 CET 2000

I put a scope on the 3 tranny version this morning and
found the res-sine breaks down (becomes square-ish) when
overdriven. That's bad. It still works and sounds good as long
as you don't push the res too hard. I still think it's neet and that
you should build one for fun....;-)

But for a "real" filter we are back to the opamp..This version
uses less gain and a lower input level to keep res chaos to a
minimum. It's actually the best sounding of the lot and can be
built with the d-op for a all tranny version. It seems to have
all of the performance enhancements the 3-tr version shows.
That's good! You should build this one too.

http://www.xavax.com/efm/cbook/pics/vcf5tc-sd.gif

Tom