vcf5t update

Scott Gravenhorst chordman at flash.net
Sun Mar 5 19:08:58 CET 2000

This is really nice.  Simple. All  parts commonly available
and inexpensive too.

Pardon my ignorance, but does the filter track a linear or expo CV?

"tomg" <efm3 at mediaone.net> wrote:
>I did something really good guys! One of our members asked
>me to see if I could get this filter to work in his current project.
>Well...I wasn't successful doing exactly what he wanted ..but I
>did something even better.  I removed the opamp all together!
>Instead using a pair of inverting transistor amps. This cuts the
>parts count down to 3 trannys and the diodes of course.
>
>The coolest thing is it works soooo much better!! That kill
>the neighbors dog ,split the sky oscillation is gone. The
>cutoff response is very smooth. You can easily sneak up
>on the res advancing to full on without fear you are about
>to blow your speakers and when it does self oscillate it's
>even (more or less) across the entire res sweep.
>
>The update is here. This is very cool. you guys should build one
>today!
>
>http://www.xavax.com/efm/cbook/pics/vcf5t-sd.gif
>
>Tom

-- Scott Gravenhorst                    | Linux Rex, Linux Vobiscum
-- FatMan: www.teklab.com/~chordman     | RedWebMail by RedStarWare
-- NonFatMan: members.xoom.com/_XOOM/chordman/index.html
-- The 21st century does NOT start in the year 2000!!!