Education questions. (NOT FAIR)

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Sun Mar 5 17:56:23 CET 2000

Oh NO NO NO.... once you are a major investor you become a "suit" even if
you still wear flannel shirt....

Engineering is  the career of the ultimately disposable.... Ownership is another
thing
entirely.

BTW (disclaimer) I'm responding to this (now somewhat ) OT thread for giggles.
I enjoy being an engineer, enjoy the company of engineers, and love my work !!!
That I get paid well for what I like doing is a plus... I do not like management
(as a job) but respect those who choose this path (even if it is the "dark side of
the force"). A good manager protects the best interests of the company (like a
living organism) and as a
"cell" that's good for you... Alas, the latest crop of managers has the style
(taught in MBA school no doubt...) that the short term bottom line is the golden
egg. This strategy lloks good on their resumes, but leaves a trail of human
carnage in its wake...  I believe a company OWES more to its membership
(employees) than just a check on friday and a "gee we're really sorry" when they
sell everyone out, to go on to consume a bigger and (soon to be) less fortunate
company.

<religious mode on>
I truly believe that people who run companies in this fashion will be accounted
for this behavior on Judgement Day....  <religious mode off>

H^)   harry