Education questions.

Magnus Danielson cfmd at swipnet.se
Sun Mar 5 15:31:26 CET 2000

From: "tomg" <efm3 at mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: Education questions.
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 23:09:09 -0800

> Tom's $0.02.... This is ment to be a comical response to Harry..No
> offence ment to MBA holders....really....I swear...;-)
>
> Justin this isn't for you. If you really want to know the answers to the
> questions
> you asked about and be a happy well centered ,productive ,contributing
> member
> of the human race, stay away from an MBA. It will ruin your mind and sap all
> of your creative energy. Turning you into a blood sucking leech vampire
> creature who thinks original thought is something he overheard a BSEE say.

Yes, dont be tempted by the dark powers Justin, keep on the narrow path and
become a good engineer instead, god knows we are in a lack of those ;)

Actually, if you happend to learn to know the right people (during studies you
get to learn a lot of people, some of them migth be VERY usefull to know later
on) you could end up on a small obscure startup doing something immensly cool
at the moment, getting on the stock option program or maybe even be there to
found it (then stocks is reallly really cheap), let some people work for you
to "sell" the company to investors and soon you see how you will enter croesus
mode and into it. Expect the process to take a few years, it's not a instant
hit (hmm... the company I worked for rose from 50 to 450 on the first day of
stock trade, but that was new record, but its way past that level now).
Then, when you feel it is time, you can leave, get whatever job you think may
suite you and have enougth to spend on obscure hobbies ;)

In the valley the current in thing is Linux, over here it is WAP.

Cheers,
Magnus