vcf5t update

tomg efm3 at mediaone.net
Sun Mar 5 12:48:49 CET 2000

A "real" filter with only 3 transistors??? One of our members
asked me to see if  I could get this filter to work in his current
project. Well...I wasn't successful doing exactly what he
wanted ..but I  did something even better (for the rest of us
anyway).... I removed the opamp all together! Instead using
a pair of inverting transistor amps.

The coolest thing is it works soooo much better!! That kill
the neighbors dog , split the sky oscillation is gone. The
cutoff response is very smooth. You can easily sneak up
on the res advancing to full on without fear you are about
to blow your speakers and when it does self oscillate it's
even (more or less) across the entire res sweep.

The update is here. You guys should build one today!

http://www.xavax.com/efm/cbook/pics/vcf5t-sd.gif

Tom