Any Paia 9700 experience?

harrybissell at prodigy.net harrybissell at prodigy.net
Fri Mar 3 23:28:52 CET 2000

Hi Grant (et al...)

I may be misunderstood... My point was that (IMHO) if you have one AR generator and one ADSR generator, that patchwise it makes more sense (IMHO) to have the better (ADSR)generator on the filter. It is MUCH easier to hear the variations produced in the timbre than in amplitude.

Most patches I've ever used have the VCA "sustain" level all the way up... my perference.

No comment was made or intended re: PAiA engineering decision to do what they did... They may have very good reasons for doing it that way.

What I said is (were it) my 9700, it would be cut and jumpered internally to make it fit what I consider to be superior in archetecture...

Kudos to John Simonton for embracing the V/oct standard
(I know JH's ears will be burning now... :^)) I was a 2700 owner and still use some modules to this day. The PAiA gear also plays in a very cost sensitive market so choices have to be made everyday as to where to "draw the lines".  My line just goes from ADSR to VCF....

BTW cut and jumper PAiA products is a totally appropriate thing to do... Its half the fun!

H^)  Harry  (first synth was 2700...)