Any Paia 9700 experience?

patchell patchell at teletrac.com
Fri Mar 3 04:46:48 CET 2000

    I am building one.  So far, I have gotten the Midi2CV converter and the VCF.  I
am expecting (I hope) the VCA module any day.  Judging by what I have seen so far, I
would say it is a good value.  The VCO's, I am sure, will tell the whole story.
Personally, I could not resist.  I built a 4700 and Proteus way back when, and like
an idiot, gave them away when they began occupying too much space when I began to
aquire a few comercial synths.  Now I wish I hadn't.  I like Paia kits, and I like
them for what they are.  They are just plain fun.  They may not be Moog or Motm in
quality, but they are fun.  Just my opinion.

    -Jim