PS blow out

RevTor at aol.com RevTor at aol.com
Thu Mar 2 22:35:33 CET 2000

Hey all,
  My 15v PS currently resides on a wooden board for versatilitys sake until
my synth cabinet is finished.  Well, to make a long story short (no pun
intended), I shorted it out (not sure what touched what).  The fuse wasn't
installed yet because of the fact that the panel which I was going to mount
it on isn't done yet either.  So now the +15 7815 regulator gets very hot,
and puts out over 17 volts.  The -15 rail is fine.  Is this a matter of just
replacing the 7815? Or is something else gone too?  (that fuse is going in
this time definitely, and a cover for the thing too until I can enclose it
properly.)
Thanks for some answers,
~Steve