Beat seeking groovebox toys...

DCMagnuson at aol.com DCMagnuson at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 22:59:47 CET 2000

In a message dated 3/1/00 12:32:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
digiboy at erols.com writes:

> I'll try this 1 more time since the last time I asked on a weekend night:
>
>  There is technology offered in some DJ gear that allows for locking on to
>  the beat, probably locks on to the sound of the kick drum in some fashion.
>
>  Does anyone know if this technology is offered in an external box that
>  would allow connecting to various sources and then send to others?

There is a device out there, but I don't recall the name.  It's made for DJ's
and is about the size of a TV remote control.  There are 2 different
models... one gives you a visual display of tempo, the other ouputs MIDI
clock.

For some reason I remember it being called Voyager Beat Extractor or
something. The logo is a red planet with a ring of LED's around it.  Sorry
that I can't remember the exact name.

Dave Magnuson
Independent Music Site
http://www.indiemusicsite.com