Op-amps (was: oct/V to Hz/V converter)

Magnus Danielson cfmd at swipnet.se
Wed Mar 1 20:57:29 CET 2000

From: harrybissell at prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Op-amps (was: oct/V to Hz/V converter)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 13:48:25 -0500 (EST)

> What we should do is assemble an OpAmp FAQ, similar to
> the capacitor paper I posted previously.

OpAmp FAQ, OpAmp selection guide, whatever... good ideas...

> 1) Definition of Opamp parameters (and where, or why we might care about such things...
> (ex) What is "low offset voltage" and where should I care about this... or Slew Rate, Input Impedance etc.

Yeap. There is a lot of things to measure and discuss about. Not all of them
obvious.

> 2) A Product Matrix of opamps listing their parameters
> in chart form... with a user comment field...

Right.

> like NE5532 : Low Noise, Fast, High supply current, (but must have low driving impedance or the noise advantages are lost)

Right. It is also good to know when and when not to use it.

> This might be like a muanfacturer selection guide, but with many maunfacturers represented...

Right. Preferably with links to the datasheets ;)

We migth even be able to do some price comparisions, but that is a pain to
keep updated.

> Want to host THIS ???

Well, why not ;)

> H^)  harry (from the land of HMTL challenged...)

Oh, no... HTML challenged...

Cheers,
Magnus