Steal this circuit, please!

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Fri Jan 21 04:38:15 CET 2000

The poor maligned "Lytic"

Any lytic that gets hot is being beat to death with ripple current (the only
thing that makes them hot...) Its either
1) A shitty or ignorant design  ~or~
2) An informed trade off between cost and expected (to be less than eternal)
life.

Film caps are better in high ripple / high voltage apps... If the size don't
kill you...

:^) Harry (uses 2800uF / 900V film cap and has never lost one !!!)