electro harmonix frequency multiplexer

>>>marjan<<< urekar.m at EUnet.yu
Thu Aug 31 00:15:11 CEST 2000

> I recently came across this frequency divider (well, why multiplexer?!).
> It basically converts the frequency to an octave lower,
> in order to convert guitar into "bass".
> I saw a scope screenshot, sine in and (almost) sine out.
>
> ? Huuh ?
>
> Is this simply done via band limiting the ff output or is there
> some magic inside this effect box that I don't understand yet?
>
> Are there any schmatics?

Here they are:
http://www.firebottle.net/stompbox/EHdeluxeoctave_a.jpg
http://www.firebottle.net/stompbox/EHdeluxeoctave_b.jpg

Seems too complicated for just one suboctave but it's similar to
guitar microsynth that does the job superb, too. Adaptive schmitt
trig and original source follower with filter makes posible to
restore original like wave, which flipflop type couldn't do
(as in blue box or your standard synth sub octave)

marjan