electro harmonix frequency multiplexer Blue BoX?>

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Wed Aug 30 17:29:40 CEST 2000

The blue box is a curious beast indeed. I tried a spice simulation of a
"simplified" blue boxx...  with bipolar supplies and the single supply
bias
removed.  Worked for SH!T  ! I think "how can this be ???"

Resimulated the 100% original circuit... it works very well. There is
interaction
in the power supply... probably an undocumented "hysteresis" for the
comparator
or perhaps some other feedback mechanism...

If you wish to clone it... make an exact copy.  I'm really very
impressed!

Most designs have features that make you think that the original
designer...

1) Was VERY clever and is doing stuff so subtle YOU don't notice it
all...
~or~
2) Was an absolute IDIOT.

I always assume #1 until proven wrong.  In this case I dont know if it
was planned the
way it is, or dicked with until it worked... your opinions ???

H^) harry