keyboard contact rubber fun

Ingo Debus debus at cityweb.de
Thu Aug 24 18:03:49 CEST 2000

Martin Czech wrote:
> Would it be possible to replace the crap with some reasonable
> reed contacts and magnets, I mean from the scanner electronic
> point of view? Reeds don't bounce much, but have certainly lower
> resistance contact which could give some side effect...

I don't think lower contact resistance would be a problem (and if it
is, why not put a resistor in series with each contact?).
But if it's a velocity sensitive keyboard, I think it's difficult to
achieve the same travel of the contact, and the velocity response could
change dramatically.
And if it is not a velocity sensitive keyboard, is it worth repairing it
at all? ;->

Ingo