keyboard contact rubber fun

Tim Ressel Tim_R1 at verifone.com
Thu Aug 24 17:59:05 CEST 2000

Interesting...

There are lots of ways to rig a magnetic sensor. I'm sure a simple and easy one
exists.

Two types of hall sensors: ones that act like switches, and ones that give
proportional outputs. The latter are called linear hall sensors.

No, a iron plunger gives a signal proportional to the velocity of the plunger.
An LVDT would give positon info, but those are really complicated to do
one-per-key. Linear Hall is the way to go I think. Gives a DC voltage
proportional to the magnetic field its exposed to.

As usual, I advocate using a uP for reading all of these sensors.

Tim Ressel--Compliance Engineer
Hewlett-Packard
Verifone Division
3755 Atherton Rd.