tape echo (OT)

Ken Stone sasami at blaze.net.au
Thu Aug 24 03:35:46 CEST 2000

> you mean you don't have the shell at all? that's a disaster.

No shell, nothing but a hole in the back of the unit. The way I see it,
I'm going to have to build the cartridge from scratch. I picked the unit
up at a garage sale for $5 a couple of months back. The previous owner
couldn't find the tape. I've grabbed a few good things at garage sales,
like a Rose Morris Goldentone Basemaster tube amp for $10, and a
Wurlitzer 200 Electric piano for $40 (always need fixing of course, but
that's part of what DIY is about).

On the subject of non-binding. I had, though no longer have, several
rather large carts that housed 1/4 inch tape on a 7 inch approx spool. I
believe these things were designed for data storage. The quality of the
tape for audio use was appalling.

Ken

                Ken Stone  sasami at blaze.net.au
                   ** Catgirl Paradise **
               <http://www.anime.net/~kens/>
                    ** Modular Synth **
            <http://kato.sai.com.au/catgirl/synth/>
         ** Australian Miniature Horses and ponies **
             <http://www.blaze.net.au/~sasami/>