[DIY] OT: Tube amp disaster

Tony Allgood oakley at techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 10:27:24 CEST 2000

MC>Therefore I use some metal film resistors in the
drain/collector/anode circuitry, I choose them so that the quiescent
current plus some tolerance will just not blow the resistors.

This is a good idea. I use it on most of my proto/veroboards too. The
power supply is routed via some 22R resistors... so that if a component
should fail, they tend to blow like little fuses. But better than fuses,
hot resistors give you a olfactory warning too :-)

Regards,

Tony Allgood  Penrith, Cumbria, England

Modular synth circuits, TB303 clone and Filter Rack
www.techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk/projects.htm
My music: www.mp3.com/taklamakan