high freq vco

René Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Sun Aug 13 18:52:27 CEST 2000

Hi Scott et al.

At 08:36 13.08.00, Scott Gravenhorst wrote:

>Someone mentioned the LM566 VCO...  I was interested in what
>the output circuit looked like so I looked it up on the web.
>National has it classified as "discontinued".

Maybe National doesn't make it anymore. But that doesn't
mean that all the second sources have dried up too.
Maybe I should have said NE566. ;-)

>My concern
>was that it was built like the 555 timer which crowbars
>the supply whenever the logic output switches states.  I
>have already been thru this with the FatMan VCOs and would
>like to avoid this.

It doesn't have such beefy push-pull stages.
I doubt that the situation is as bad as with the bipolar 555.
A little crosstalk is to be expected, when you don't take
decoupling measures. Applies to CMOS as well!

Bye,
 René
uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159