Solder Suckers that Don't Suck for sale (brand new, good, cheap!)

WeAreAs1 at aol.com WeAreAs1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 07:05:58 CEST 2000

...Actually, they do suck, and quite well, I might add.

Hello list,

I have a few extra Soldapullt "solder sucker" desoldering tools that I would
like to sell.  They are brand new, never used, and are still sealed in their
original plastic packaging.  They are the "Big Blue" Deluxe Soldapullt solder
suckers, made by Edsyn, and the model number is DS017.  They have a
replaceable teflon tip, and tips are readily available from many sources.
These are very high-quality professional tools.

If you do DIY at any level, or ever have to repair any equipment, you need
one of these (unless you already own a powered vacuum desoldering station).
I consider my hand-held desoldering tool the second most important tool in my
shop (right after the soldering iron).  These work great, are reliable
(pretty much indestructable!), and are very easy to use.  If you've been
using braid to do all your desoldering, well, you've just been working too
hard.  Braid is great for certain tricky hard-to-reach jobs, but it does heat
up your board and components more than you'd probably prefer, and nothing
beats the speed and ease-of-use of a good sucker.

I've used this same model of solder sucker in a continuous, fairly heavy-use
professional context since 1982, and the original unit that I bought in '82
is still working great (I have had to replace the tip three or four times
during those 18 years).  I recently gave myself a present and bought a few
new ones, but I don't really need more than one, so three are up for grabs.

I will sell them for $10.00 each plus $3.20 for US Priority Mail shipping.
These units typically sell in stores and online for more than $18.00.

If you would like to see what they look like, you can see some pictures at:

<A HREF="http://members.aol.com:/mikebacich/suckers/suckers.htm">http://member
s.aol.com:/mikebacich/suckers/suckers.htm</A>

You can also see them and read a description about them in Radio Shack's
online catalog at:

<A
HREF="http://www.radioshack.com/ProductCatalog/ProductDetail/Index/1,2098,CTLG
_7_9101903,00.html">http://www.radioshack.com/ProductCatalog/ProductDetail/Ind
ex/1,2098,CTLG_7_9101903,00.html</A>

Please reply to me via private email.  We now return you to your regularly
scheduled programming -

Michael Bacich