Analog Sequencer/Sampler? (e)eprom

Jay Martin jmar at intface.com
Fri Aug 11 19:59:49 CEST 2000

There are problems with this approach to analog storage as well.

I am reminded of the old Luxor satellite receivers I used to service.
The Luxor worked with a down-converter that used a tuning voltage for
channel selection.  The Luxor receiver then had an analog memory system
not unlike the "flash" you are describing to remember the station voltage
for each transponder.  This gave it alot of flexability.

As the parts would age, however, the voltages in the memory cells would
begin to drift, requiring re-alignment.  Eventually, individual cells
would go bad completely, causing channels that could no longer be
programmed.

My $.02
Jay