Analog Sequencer/Sampler? (e)eprom

Jim Patchell patchell at silcom.com
Fri Aug 11 16:17:46 CEST 2000

    As far as I know, you are not going to be able to store an analog value in a
bit of an (e)eprom.  If perfermance is what you want, I don't think you be able to
beat the (ugh!) digital solutions that have been put forward.  If you are going to
try to store a waveform into an eprom in an analog sense, assuming that it could
be done, when you are done, you will still have a sampled waveform.  The only way
I know of to store a waveform in a purely analog form requires the use of rotating
machinery (tape deck).

    On the other hand, don't let nay-sayers like me deter you in your quest.  Who
knows you might actually come up with something.

    -Jim