Gravity Wave Detector as Random Voltage Source?

John E Blacet blacet at metro.net
Wed Aug 9 12:03:13 CEST 2000

In high school, I built a static elctricity detector with a vacuum tube
and a neon bulb. The tube was one of those kind with the grid brought
out to the top of the tube and the tube was encased in metal. I made a
6" aluminum disc and put it on the grid connection.

In my high school physics class, with the unit on the teacher's bench, I
could stand 50' away and run a comb through my hair. The neon bulb would
go crazy. (It was winter and very low humidity). Everyone was impressed.
Needless to say, A's in science were MINE!

Even though I was the high school "nerd" (term was not present at that
time), everyone respected me; they knew I was dangerous!

Now, back to work on that UFO detector...;>

Regards.
John Blacet
Blacet Research Music Electronics
http://www.blacet.com