MOS6581

tomg efm3 at mediaone.net
Sun Aug 6 21:42:31 CEST 2000

I have a  midi-2-PIC-2-SID idea in my active project file....So
if you ever wanted to play with this chip now would be a good time
to start looking for a old "tan-hump" C64 to grab a 6581 out of. If
you are serious you might want to get more than one they tend to be
a little flaky.  I don't know how long it will be before anything
actually comes of this. It's been active for almost a year now without
a single line of code being written.  I have the instruction-set and
application notes and am finally getting the hang of PIC-programming
so who knows? I doubt it will be as complicated as the SID Station
but I think it could be useful. If I ever get it built, I guess  I'll have to
give Jim's SID back so he can play too....;-)

Tom