Squirrel Wars DIY (ot)

Magnus Danielson cfmd at swipnet.se
Thu Aug 3 02:07:32 CEST 2000

From: Barry L Klein <Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com>
Subject: RE: Squirrel Wars DIY (ot)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 09:02:50 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

> I wonder if squirrels can be trained much similarly to cows, where you set
> up these milder-shocking bait areas with white circles around them, the
> squirrels get shocked, but not killed, and learn to avoid the white
> circles, and maybe warn other squirrels to do the same.  Then the whole
> society of squirrels avoid the white circles and that's all you need to
> protect your power poles, decks, or whatever....
> It'd be an interesting experiment.  Better than having to fight off
> vultures to dispose of bloody dead smoking squirrels every day...  Now
> there's a mental picture eh?

Hmm... and this comes form the same country (if I may call it so) in which a
recent president used to feed the squirrels every day outside of his official
home... no, it wasn't that peanut farmer fellow, the one after him...

Actually, I didn't realize what it all meant until I was there the last time,
there where a lot of them zooping around...

We have the red ones over here... much nicer.

cheers,
Magnus (who could not resist the operunity)