My Midi controlled VCF module

Steve Richardson prefect at sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Wed Aug 2 18:58:54 CEST 2000

Paul Maddox wrangled the electrons to say:
> >> Be careful - I have heard that the AVR series need an
> >> external reset circuit as the are not brownout save!!!
>
> >A resistor and capacitor will suffice I think. Otherwise, a MAX690
> (unfortunatly expensive) will do the job nicely.

Check out the Telcom reset devices.  They go for about $1.00US in
onesies, down to $0.75US in 100's.  Digikey stocks them, too.

They come in several voltage ranges and in active low/active high
variants.

One example is:

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/US/DKSUS.dll?Criteria?Ref=35547&Cat=14942744&Lang=0

I use these when I don't want to spend $$ on a Maxim part and don't
really need a watchdog.

-S

--

 Stephen S. Richardson                  The GweepCo Cooperative Network
 prefect at gweep.net                      network access * technology vulturing