a little diy

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 1 05:47:16 CEST 2000

Good story Rory...

I made a box from "Transistor Tickler" from 49 Easy Science and Entertainment
Projects ... by Brown ???  (its been a LONG time...)  A very cool book that
tells you
exactly what NOT to do...

do not increase the plate voltage to this tranmitter or you will vioate FCC
rules and
be heard all over town...

and

Do not use more that a 1.5V battery or harmful voltages may result. Naturally a
9V battery was the next thing... It was a one transistor blocking oscillator,
driving a 6.3V
filiment transformer backwards... so probably the output was between 180V and
360V... but also at a much higher frequency... maybe 5KHz...  A baby inverter.

So I packaged it in a cardboard box, with aluminum foil wrapping, and a red
ribbon.
Went up to the neighborhood BULLY who was always picking on me and said...
"I don't understand... someone left this package in front of MY house but it
has your
name on it do you think its for you ???"   He said (in typical bully fashion)
"YEAH... Its MINE... GIVE IT TO ME..."   and yanked it out of my hands.
Knocked him right on his ass... I 'ROTFLMFAO'  and y'know... he never picked on

me ever again....

The Miracle of Electronics (DIY style) at work...

next week... why the boss of the radio station got so upset when I charged a
cap with it... and threw it to him...

~or~

Energy = 1/2 C V^2

H^)