large value resistors

Scott Gravenhorst chordman at flash.net
Tue Nov 30 11:23:46 CET 1999

Haible Juergen <Juergen.Haible at nbgm.siemens.de> wrote:
>	> Does anyone know a source for very high value precision resitors?
>	>
>	> R > 10 Meg
>	>
>	> Preferably Germany or Europe.
>	>
>	>m.c.
>
>I've never seen something like that.
>What do you need them for ?
>Often you can solve the problem with a "T" configuration of 3 resistors ...
>
>JH.

I've seen these.  Long ago, I worked with gas analyzer equipment that
looked for ions in the flame of a burning gas sample.  This device
needed extremely high gain, controlled by very large feedback resistors.
These were hundreds of megohms.  The resistors were packaged in a glass
tube with leads sticking out of both ends.  The box contained a warning
that the precise resistance would not be guaranteed if one were to touch
the glass with skin.  The analyzer was a nasty finicky piece of (ahem).

-- Scott Gravenhorst	                | Linux Rex, Linux Vobiscum
-- FatMan: www.teklab.com/~chordman     | RedWebMail by RedStarWare
-- NonFatMan: members.xoom.com/_XOOM/chordman/index.html
-- Al Gore: I'm the father of the internet.