Tube Challenge!!

Rene Schmitz uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
Tue Nov 30 01:02:36 CET 1999

At 16:28 29.11.99 -0500, you wrote:
>Sorry guys, the Serge wave shaper does all of this and more
>using a single Norton opamp and a couple of diodes. That's
>$2 vs $549 soon to be $749!!

Hi Tom and List!

Interesting that you bring up Nortons! I love 'em. There are so much nice
things that can be done with them, which can't be done with opamps.
(Now replace the word "Nortons" with "Tubes" and re-read the above
sentence. Sounds familiar?!) Another little explored sector in the universe.
The Serge wave shaper opens up new sounds (like a tube
waveshaper/modulator..)
because there is a different concept. Different from static waveform + VCF
shaping. It modulates the spectral content directly.

Bye
 René

opinionsexpressedher   | uzs159 at uni-bonn.de
einarethatofmyemploy   | http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs159