Scope repairs

Barry L Klein Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com
Mon Nov 29 23:32:47 CET 1999

Best first bet -
take the cover off and reseat every connection you come across.  If that
doesn't work, I'd think the HV is good as the trace is bright(?).  Maybe a
bad screen voltage somewhere or bad driver - does the trace scan ok?  If
you have the schematic you can check all the "higher" voltages on the CRT
- under 400V or so and can measure with a DVM.
After that:
Try yelling at it alot and tell it it has to work to fix itself or its
going in the dumpster.....  then give it a day to think about it and it
will work the next time you turn it on.

Barry