OT: Scope repairs

Tony Allgood oakley at techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 28 12:28:39 CET 1999

Hi all,

One of the worst disasters to befall the diyer has just happened. My
scope is dying and needs a quick kiss of life. The line/dot has become
very hard to focus, either side of a very narrow margin the dot/line
becomes an amorphous blob that threatens to take over the whole screen.
The fault seemed to develop overnight. All other functions work OK,
including X and Y positioning. I have the full schematics to the scope,
a TEK 2225, but without a scope or a high voltage DVM, I am at a loss. I
have been inside and the focus knob is working fine, and nothing else
looks bad. Has anyone any ideas? Or failing that, any nice repair shops
for dying CRTs in the UK.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Tony Allgood  Penrith, Cumbria, UK

Walsh synthesiser, SuperLadder, TB303 clone and rack mounted filter

http://www.techrepairs.freeserve.co.uk/projects.htm