polisix repair

The Old Crow oldcrow at oldcrows.net
Sun Nov 28 00:24:35 CET 1999

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Roel Das wrote:

> I got a polysix over here, with a dead battery. The
> print doesn't seem to be damaged very hard. I think
> the print isn't damaged... Can this be true??

  I have seen some circuit boards evade the corrosion, but I would still
carefully check every trace with a DVM.

> And next; i'd like to replace the battery, but on the
> battery it sais: 3,6V, Load 14 hours at 17mA.
> Is this still necessary with new batteries? What
> replacement should i look for?

  Use a 3V lithium battery, CR2032 or similar.  I usually get the battery
holder they sell at the RatShack(tm) along with a battery for about $6.00

> Or should i give this to someone more experienced and don't risk it anyway?

  The battery replacement is not too hard, provided you know how to do
circuit-board soldering.  Save the patches to tape, though.

  --Crow

/**/