Tempco calcs

Tony Clark clark at andrews.edu
Sat Nov 27 03:38:26 CET 1999

   Yes, there are a number of really good linear metals, my company uses
pure nickel wire to make temperature elements for our adiabatic machines
but again, the problem is the low resistivity.  Something like 90 ohms
per foot at some small gage.  Stuff is rediculously thin.
   Anyway, I did some looking into buying bare wire, before I settled on
Micro-ohm tempcos.  I forget where, but there is a good site with
calculators and whatnot.  They had a number of different pure metal
wires, and Platinum was one, but it had a coeff of 6000ppm, nearly twice
what we'd normally use.
   The stuff that has the right coeff is not actually a pure metal but a
combination of three.  Can't recall which, but if I dig up that site,
I'll give it a post.

   Tony

I can't drive (my Moog) 55!         |     The E-Music DIY Archive
Tony Clark -- clark at andrews.edu     | aupe.phys.andrews.edu/diy_archive
http://aupe.phys.andrews.edu/~clark |     Contributions welcomed!