linear portamento, minimoog style...

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Sat Nov 27 03:11:23 CET 1999

I'll forward you a schematic for a "linear" portamento... sorry there is
no PCB for it. Its easy enough to wire by hand.
OTOH: the PAiA synths have a "linear" oscillator response... the mini
had an "expo" oscillator response.

So the PAiA:   Linear Oscillator + Linear Portamento  <or>
                       Linear Oscillator + Exponential Portamento

won't be quite like the
Minimoog:       Exponential Oscillator + Linear Portamento

IMHO I like the linear portamento the best anyway... If you want a
minimoog sound the PAiA might not quite get it.

I'll post the portamento monday... its a work and I don't want to draw
it over again...

Another easy way to get "portamento" is to put the KBD CV through a
hipass R-C filter (cap in series, resistor to ground) and then invert
the output and sum it with the KBD CV at the oscillator input. This is a
simple and nearly passive way to get glide... I did this on a PAiA 2720
before I "discovered" the glide circuit I'm posting (monday)

:^) Harry