Tempco calcs

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Sat Nov 27 02:59:25 CET 1999

I think you can get 60ga wire... a lot of guitar pickups use wire in the
40-60 ga. range. It is beastly hard to work with unless you make some
special jigs to do the winding. An old technique was to modify turntables to
hold a bobbin and hand wind.

A thread (sorry, forgot name but not idea...) suggested using the coils of
reed relays for the "copper" content... you can get nominal 1K resistances
easily. Maybe thats the way to go...

:^) Harry