guitar speaker / was Re: Tube challenge!

Harry Bissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Fri Nov 26 21:25:43 CET 1999

Of course a properly designed amplifier will include "some" resistance
(even 100 ohms) in the chassis to prevent the amp from ever being
unloaded...
If the speaker is soldered in, then that could be the "minimum" load.

Is everyone aware of the flyback diode modification for the transformer
primary??? A couple of 1000V diodes in anti-parallel from the B+ (center
tap) to each plate in the push-pull stage... This will "defend" against
this problem.

:^) Harry