guitar speaker / was Re: Tube challenge!

patchell patchell at teletrac.com
Thu Nov 25 17:01:00 CET 1999

    When I used to service amps (both tubes and solid state), I used to use a 200
watt, 10 ohm resistor for a dummy load.  It had a variable tap on it so I could
set it to 8 ohms, by putting the tap in the middle and connecting the two ends I
could get 2.5 ohms (two 5 ohms connected in parrallel), etc.  On some of the
bigger amps I could really get that sucker hot.

    -Jim