More tubes

Haible Juergen Juergen.Haible at nbgm.siemens.de
Thu Nov 25 14:54:45 CET 1999

	>Schematics can be found at:
> http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~mmccorq/emd/papers.html
	>and
> http://www.synthfool.com/diy/eb.html

Hey, when I saw the power supply of this synth
(http://www.synthfool.com/diy/ebps.gif)
this was the first time I did envy you US people for your "strange"
110V mains voltage: You can apparently use one half of the two split
110V / 220V windings of a standard (?) mains transformer to get the
high secondary voltage that is required for tubes. In Germany, we
have to connect the two windings in series and don't have this
option. The need for either a special transformer or for at least
two standard transformers might be the main thing that has kept me
from building more tube circuits so far ...

Disclaimer: I have no idea if the transformer that Eric used
is such a "standard" type, and I'm also not sure if any standard
transformer with two separate 110V windings would be safe
enough (insulation ...) - it just came to mind that this might be
an option that I don't have, unfortunately.

JH.