286 software

Andy Main mainas at aston.ac.uk
Thu Nov 25 13:05:04 CET 1999

> Anyone know of any sequencing programs for a 286? I got it for free, and
> figured I'd find SOMETHING to do with it... Thanks ahead

Try Keykit:

http://thompsonresidence.com/keykit/

I found it a few weeks ago whilst looking for linux midi stuff (its multi
platform though), and its fantastic.  Its fully hackable and I've found it
much better than Cakewalk Pro Audio (which I used to use) for composing as
it just seems to capture my inspiration better - plus with the option of
designing newn tools / hacking old ones.

It seems very low level so I'm sure it'll work fine on a 286.

Oh and its FREE (for personal use)!!

Andy