beginning

Paul Maddox Paul.Maddox at unilever.com
Tue Nov 23 10:35:07 CET 1999

Rob,

   Ok, couple of questions,

1) how much do you know about synths? (vcos/vcf/eg/etc)
2) What do want from a synth?
3) How good is your soldering?
4) How much spare time+Money do you have?

   All four of these effect what you should try.. many people
start with a kit like the PAiA fatman (http://www.Paia.com)
Its a monophonic Midi analog synth that you assemble yourself.
You get a fully working synth, with midi that sounds good and
that you built with easy to follow instructions. But you have to
be fairly good with a soldering iron.

   Decide what you want from a synth, how much time you can
spare, beleive me this is on of THE most time consuming
hobbies in the world..

   Most importantly , have fun and enjoy it.

   Paul

*   Modulus Synthesiser DIY page ;-				*
*			http://www.xavax.com/modulus	*
*	  Paul.Maddox at unilever.com				*