anyone use plexiglass faceplates?

Curtin, Steven D (Steven) sdcurtin at lucent.com
Mon Nov 22 17:18:43 CET 1999

Hello Dave -

I have used plexiglass sometimes, and always found that the plastic
scratched easily, and even with mounting on a solid case the panels tended
to bend a little when inserting and pulling out patch cords, which made the
whole thing seem less sturdy.  You can get much better rigidity from
aluminum panels of the same thickness or thinner, and you get shielding for
free, even though it's more difficult to see LEDs mounted on panels.  What
we really need is the Transparent Aluminum from Star Trek :).

Steve C

Steven Curtin
Lucent Technologies Microelectronics
ph: (732)949-4404   fax: (732)949-6711